After graduating from the Ohio State University, Dr. Thomas Weir earned early enrollment to the university’s dental school. After earning his DDS, he headed to the VAMC here in Charleston for his general practice residency.
Dr. Weir is a fellow of the American College of Dentists and a member of the OKU National Dental Honor Society. He also holds memberships in
- The American Dental Association
- The South Carolina Dental Association
- The Academy of Oral Medicine
- The American Academy of Implant Dentistry
- The International Congress of Oral Implantologists
Since 1989, Dr. Weir has served as the clinical assistant professor in MUSC’s graduate periodontics program, where he trains graduate residents in such advanced procedures as implant placement, ridge grafting, and sinus lift bone grafting.
In his spare time, Dr. Weir gives back to the Charleston community, serving as MUSC faculty at Our Lady of Mercy Outreach Center.